Types of hosting solutions
A hosting service involves keeping and/or sharing particular content on a hosting server hosted by a web hosting provider. There are different types of hosting services used for various aims, so let's take a glance at these. Doing so, you can pick what you want, depending on whether you desire to have a weblog, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with pals and partners.
- File hosting: a solution provided by various companies, which enables you to share large files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file hosting packages are frequently supported by displaying adverts next to the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a specific span of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file storage package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly inaccurate interpretation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would apportion the workload between separate stacks of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending different website hosting services (email, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a type of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; certain companies provide a hosting service for images only. This hosting kind is good if you wish to share an enormous amount of images with friends or acquaintances since the service is mostly free. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to tackling your e-mail addresses. Some providers provide site hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an e-mail solution. If you would like to create an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to run a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can set up email accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip generates a certain amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video files and several hundred website visitors, you may have trouble with your website hosting supplies. Embedding the video will allow you to manage as many video clips as you desire without worrying about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you would like to own a website. To some degree, it comprises all of the aforementioned hosting groups since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and email addresses, upload video clips, etc. At Angry Dog Hosting Company, for example, you can take a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that allow you to get all of the abovementioned services in a single location. There may be restrictions depending on the type of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web site hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the customary email/file/video/image hosting plans that are tailored for specific web content exclusively.